If it wasn’t a whopping 76 degrees outside that trailer probably would have given me chills. (FYI that’s pretty warm for us western Washington folk.)
I completely missed out on the on Destiny alpha last month, but word on the street is that Destiny kicks ungodly amounts of ass. Whiiich makes me VERY, very happy, as I feel there was a moment (before the alpha went public) that it was the “cool” thing for kids who received exclusive early access to speculate how Destiny wasn’t meeting expectations because click bait is a thing that exists.
In any case, color me excited. Here are the deets:
- Destiny beta will launch for PS3 and PS4 on July 17th at 10:00 a.m. PST and will end on July 27th at 11:59 p.m.
- Destiny beta will launch for Xbox 360 and Xbox One July 23rd at 10:00 a.m. PST and will end on July 27th at 11:59 p.m.
- The beta will be unavailable on July 21st and July 22nd for scheduled maintenance
And if you like collector’s editions like I do, Bungie announced a $149.99 edition called the Ghost Edition and a $99.99 edition called the Limited Edition. Both editions contain the following:
- Limited edition SteelBook case and game disc
- Guardian Folio:
- Arms & Armament Field Guide
- Postcards from the Golden Age
- Antique Star Chart
- Collector’s Edition Digital Content Pack
- Unique Ghost Casing
- Exclusive Player Emblem
- Exclusive Player Ship Variant
- The $34.99 Destiny Expansion Pass, which expands the Destiny adventure post-launch with Expansion 1: The Dark Below and Expansion 2: House of Wolves(which will cost $19.99 individually)
- PlayStation platforms will also include additional exclusive content forExpansion 1 and 2 and will remain exclusive until at least fall of 2015
Here’s a photo of The Ghost Edition:
It comes with that fancy Ghost replica (which has motion-activated lights AND Peter Dinklage’s voice) and Golden Age Relics. Looks pretty fucking sweet if you ask me.
So. What edition are you planning to purchase?