Vagina Day -- er, Valentine's Day -- is right around the corner, and all of you players with a co-op partner best remember lest your significant other becomes butthurt and accuses you of "no longer caring" because a "national holiday" such as Valentine's Day is not one to be ignored. (I've heard a lot of horror stories via my friends of the male variety.)
But I digress! Just in the nick of time comes these romance novel covers which depict some of our favorite video game couples in some private (and steamy) moments. YAY FOR LOVE!
A few observations:
- That Link/Zelda cover admittedly got me a bit warm 'n fuzzy in my pants. To be frank, I'm a little hot and bothered. Although Link doesn't quite look like he's experienced in the art of kissing (is he duckfacing?!) I would gladly take the time to teach The Hero of Hyrule how to swap saliva. IS IT HOT IN HERE OR IS IT JUST ME?
- Peach looks like a smug biatch, but I LOVE it. Poor Luigi blarghing in the background on a pipe is nice touch as well. The random mushroom is a nice touch.
- Ken/Ryu. Let's make this happen. That's a sandwich I wouldn't mind being the filling for.
- I LOVE all of the details in the Pacman cover! The cherry ring, the red bow, the background grass with paths dug out -- good shit!
- The Duck Hunt cover is cute and sad and cute and sad. But mostly cute. Does that make me weird?