I…I can’t type anything down that would come even remotely close to depicting the amount of excite and SQUEE! and other raging hormones that are coursing through my body at this very moment. BUT FUCK IT LET’S TALK ABOUT THIS. HOW DO WE TALK ABOUT THIS. I WANT TO TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING AT ONCE AND SPEW IT OUT LIKE WORD VOMIT.
- This world (correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember hearing the land referred to as Hyrule) is pretty vast and all signs point to an open world. This means much romping and exploring and finding things I don’t know what to do with. Whiiich is actually one of my favorite things about the Zelda franchise. I really enjoy figuring out WTF things is and WTF I’m going to use them for. Plus, it’s just magical to explore a land like (I said LIKE) Hyrule.
- The typical formula of “Go to THIS dungeon and then THIS temple” has been axed and players should be able to tackle the world in whatever order they see fit.
- The monster chasing Link (and the horse, which I’m going to assume is Epona) is…like…a robot? Shooting laser beams? …I’ll take it. That’s quite different from what I’m used to seeing in Zelda, but hey. I’ll keep an open mind.
- The art style looks like a mature version of Wind Waker and Skyward Sword’s lovechild. Sure, it’s not the uber-realistic and dark gritty look I was hoping for, but if there’s anything Wind Waker has taught me it’s that GRAPHICS DON’T MATTER IN A ZELDA GAME, YO.
- I can’t decide how old Link looks. 17ish? 18?
In any case, we know next to nothing right now but it’s still fun to speculate. IT’S FUCKING ZELDA.
Let me know what you think about this reveal below! <3
Dig my weirdness? Subscribe to my Youtube channel (below)!