If it wasn’t a whopping 76 degrees outside that trailer probably would have given me chills. (FYI that’s pretty warm for us western Washington folk.)
I completely missed out on the on Destiny alpha last month, but word on the street is that Destiny kicks ungodly amounts of ass. Whiiich makes me VERY, very happy, as I feel there was a moment (before the alpha went public) that it was the “cool” thing for kids who received exclusive early access to speculate how Destiny wasn’t meeting expectations because click bait is a thing that exists.
In any case, color me excited. Here are the deets:
- Destiny beta will launch for PS3 and PS4 on July 17th at 10:00 a.m. PST and will end on July 27th at 11:59 p.m.
- Destiny beta will launch for Xbox 360 and Xbox One July 23rd at 10:00 a.m. PST and will end on July 27th at 11:59 p.m.
- The beta will be unavailable on July 21st and July 22nd for scheduled maintenance
And if you like collector’s editions like I do, Bungie announced a $149.99 edition called the Ghost Edition and a $99.99 edition called the Limited Edition. Both editions contain the following:
- Limited edition SteelBook case and game disc
- Guardian Folio:
- Arms & Armament Field Guide
- Postcards from the Golden Age
- Antique Star Chart
- Collector’s Edition Digital Content Pack
- Unique Ghost Casing
- Exclusive Player Emblem
- Exclusive Player Ship Variant
- The $34.99 Destiny Expansion Pass, which expands the Destiny adventure post-launch with Expansion 1: The Dark Below and Expansion 2: House of Wolves(which will cost $19.99 individually)
- PlayStation platforms will also include additional exclusive content forExpansion 1 and 2 and will remain exclusive until at least fall of 2015
Here’s a photo of The Ghost Edition:
It comes with that fancy Ghost replica (which has motion-activated lights AND Peter Dinklage’s voice) and Golden Age Relics. Looks pretty fucking sweet if you ask me.
So. What edition are you planning to purchase?
Dig my weirdness? Subscribe to my Youtube channel (below)!